: Content Specialist
: Open for discussion based on working experience
: Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
: Mondays-Wednesdays (office); Thursdays-Fridays (remote)
What you'll be doing
Publish content for the Lumi News app and our social media channels!
- Content management: Write and curate daily News Stacks for Lumi News app users.
- Social media content management: Create engaging and informative social media content for Lumi followers on Malaysia's hottest topics including local politics, entertainment, tech, lifestyle, and more.
- Perform copywriting tasks in English and BM (and Chinese if you can!) including publishing press releases and assisting with app translations.
- Keep content fresh on the Lumi app/website at all times.
- Identify ways to generate more page views for news publishers that are on the Lumi network.
- Any other content-related tasks that contribute to Lumi's growth and user retention such as content marketing campaigns and liaising with Lumi publishers.
Requirements we're looking for
- Journalistic and/or writing background in English and BM with a keen interest in news and current issues in Malaysia.
- Strong news and editorial judgment; digitally savvy.
- Must be organised, able to multitask; fast, detailed, meticulous.
- Willing to create posts and publish news whenever there's breaking news, including weekends.
- Able to visualise content and design social media posts with Photoshop/Illustrator.
Who you'll be working with
- You'll be part of Lumi's Content Team consisting of our Content Manager and News Curator.
- You'll also be collaborating with our Growth Marketing Manager on copywriting tasks and strategising the best angles for content marketing campaigns.
Email your CV and writing samples to email@example.com and tell us why we should hire you!