📇 Content Intern (GE15 & Trending News)
: Content Intern (GE15 & Trending News)
: Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
: Mondays-Wednesdays (office); Thursdays-Fridays (remote)
What you'll be doing
Grow the readership of Lumi News by managing app content for Malaysians who are curious and hungry for news! Become one of our Content Admins 😎
- Manage News Stacks: compile, update, and create compilations of links and resources on Malaysia's hot topics.
- Push notification management: Write and send hyper-local push notifications to Lumi News users.
- Monitor the web for important news of the day and select which ones get posted on Lumi's social media channels.
- Assist the team with Community and Support tasks.
- Assist in copywriting tasks in English (and BM/Chinese if possible).
- Social media content management: create engaging and informative social media content for Lumi News followers.
- Any other content-related tasks that will add value to Lumi's growth targets.
Requirements we're looking for
- Join us for at least 3 months! Part-timers/freelancers are welcome too.
- Journalistic and/or writing background in English with a keen interest in news and current issues.
- Strong news and editorial judgment.
- Willing to be on standby at night or over the weekend as and when there's breaking news.
- Social media savvy.
- The ability to read and write in either BM or Chinese in addition to English, would be a plus.
- Must be organised, able to multitask; fast and detailed.
- Great if you have an eye for good graphic design and know how to use Photoshop/Illustrator.
Who you'll be working with
- You'll be part of Lumi's Content Team!
- You'll also be collaborating with our Product Manager & Growth Marketing Manager on copywriting tasks and strategising the best angles for content marketing campaigns.
Email your CV and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why we should hire you!